Thursday, February 3, 2011

i AM alive

I think I win the award for "Worst Blogger Ever". I just realized that my last blog was when Peyton was turning 1, and now he's 3 1/2 months away *tear* from being 2!! I'm sure there are a TON of things that happened since the last time I blogged. Let's recap:
* I got rid of Daisy the jeep, and replaced her with FIONA, the beautiful, sleek, "adult" car Acura RDX
* I made my goal of losing 30 pounds by July 4th. However, I've gained 5 back. Blah. I've started walking 5 days a week at 545 am with my neighbors and momma! The early rising is tough, but it's definitely helping.
* We no longer have a roommate!!! Hallelujah! We love you Mario, but it's great to have our house back.
* We fixed our ongoing-under-the-driveway leak! Can we say, "About time?". It's so nice to have a $50 cheaper water bill
*Jake got a marketing job! He's selling office supplies to small businesses and is loving it so far! I haven't seen a paycheck since he's only been working there for 2 weeks but I think he's found his calling! He's so personable and can sell anything!He could sell alcohol to a recovering alcoholic, he's that good! :)
*My handsome precious little baby boy is no longer a baby. He's the definition of independent toddler. He wants to do everything all by himself! We're about to start potty training since he tells me when he's going pee pee or about to poo poo. I sat him up on his Thomas the Train potty seat last night (he was naked) and he wasn't having it. Odd. He wants to sit on it with clothes on but not when his pants are on the ground. -- Yes, I just had to start singing "pants on the ground" song from American Idol last year --- Oh, did I mention that he's about to be 2? Yea, I can't believe it either. SIDENOTE: Please no one ask when #2 will be on it's way because it ain't happening ANYTIME soon. My daycare tuition is finally going down, along with my ass. I'm about to get Peyton out of diapers and would not like to put another one in them. I'm enjoying the relaxation (and glass of wine) that I get once Peyton goes down to bed and can't imagine tending to another baby (yet). Oh, and did I mention I love sleep. I don't think I'm ready for the late and sleepless nights that I had with Peyton. Not yet, but one day in the (not-so-distant)future we'll have another one! Thanks! ;)
* School districts have been closed for 4 days in a row due to inclement weather. However, Mike Leonard Insurance Agency (where I work) has been open those 4 days. I take that back, I did get to stay home on Tuesday when the ice hit, but my dedicated boss (also my father) was here at 6am. In the past two days I've been here, while everyone else is cozily sitting on the couch with their loved ones, I've had 7 phones calls --- three of those being from my mother. Bored, much? Yes. Perhaps that is why I'm updating my blog. Which I'm going to try and update this as much as possible. I'm sure all my readers are so very excited!!

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment