Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ho Ho The Holidays!!!

Wow! What a Thanksgiving this year was. I'm still stuffed from all the turkey and ham I could eat. ACtually, I'm still eating off of it thanks to my mom sending me home with some!! Probably should throw the rest away since its about a week old! :) We had three Thanksgiving dinners this year, and we're going to add one more to the pot when Jake, Peyton and I go up to Iowa for "Thankmas"! WHOO WHOO!! Wednesday night we spent Thanksgiving with Jake's mom and brother. Thursday morning off to the Leonard household, and that evening to Jake's dad's house for yet another feast. This year was full of food and family! Very enjoyable! I'm sure Peyton enjoyed his first thanksgiving as well. He was sure pooped after a long day of being passed from family member to family memeber. Jake and I did the unthinkable and headed to Walmart, Black Friday, at 4 am! That was complete and total madness and we loved every minute of it. We stood in line for a little over an hour to get a 32' TV for $250... even though it wasn't for us. We were nice enough to buy that for my dad --- with his credit card of course! :) Jake and I were more than prepared to throw some 'bows [elbows] if we needed to in order to get that TV. Sure enough, at 5:25am we walked away with a new TV. We also did some Christmas shopping for the family and Peyton.
The Motley Crew is sure excited about the next few weeks. WE're going Iowa to spend time with my mom's side of the family; "Thankmas". I'm sure you can figure what that is. [Thanksgiving/Christmas just in case] I haven't seen my family in almost three years and this will be the first time for them to meet Peyton! WE're so ready for our journey up there. This will be Peyton's first plane ride and first experience with COLD WEATHER!! Thats okay, check out the new coat his Maw Maw bought him!




I'm pretty sure he's ready to take on that cold Iowa weather!! Such a cutie! Peyton is growing like a weed. He's almost 7 months old, 19.7 Lbs and 27 1/2 inchese long. WOW. Time for a new carseat. He's sitting up, turning in a circle on his bum, scooting backwards while trying to crawl and trying to pull himself up on things. He loves to grab and rip things! I have a feeling he will do just fine with his Christmas presents this year!!

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment