Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I survived Thankmas!!

Definition of Thankmas: The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas when my Iowan crazy family gets together to celebrate the holidays. Whelp, we survived this year! I didn't think it was going to happen, but we did. Jake and I haven't seen my family since our wedding, which was almost three years ago [yikes!], nor have we been to Iowa in almost 4 years!! We flew this year instead of driving the 14 hour trek. Whoo, thanks Peyton! He was really the only reason we didn't drive! So yes, not only did we survive Thankmas but we survived Peyton's first airplane ride---- barely!! The trip down there wasn't THAT bad, but coming back was terrible. Not only was Peyton EXHAUSTED from the trip, but he's also teething, so you know this made out for a fantastic trip. He cried/fussed for the last hour on the plane. Yes, we were that family that had the screaming kid on the airplane that everyone loves. UGH. Peyton didn't want to sit still. He wanted to stand up, look out the window, stand up looking the other way, stand up holding onto the seat in front of us and almost grabbing the ladies hair, lean over to daddy to hold him then immediately want to come back to me. I mean, my arm muscles start to ache just thinking about this tragedy. Then... the worst of the worst happened.... he took the biggest poop of his life right when the doctor had put the "fasten seat belt" sign so we couldn't get up and change it. Then they decided to descend which made his ears hurt and he cried some more. Luckily we made it out of there alive, clean and with no hearing loss. On a lighter note, it was great to see all of the family. It had been so long and so many people have changed and grown up. It was sad to see how much my grandmas had aged since the last time I saw her. I didn't realize she was that bad. Makes me not want to grow old. It was great seeing all my aunts, uncles, cousins and cousins' children! It was definitely a full house full of delicious food, laughter and tears [good and bad.]

Before I end this I just wanted to give you an update on Jake and Pey Pey! Pey Pey is so close to crawling. He actually took a few paces crawling the other night in order to get his toy. I wanted to start screaming but I was afraid that I would startle and scare him. He can say "mama" but doesn't associate me with that word. Soon though. He waved to my mom when we were in Iowa. Cutest thing ever. We officially lowered his crib since he has started pulling himself up on the bars. I can't believe he's 7 months old.
Jake had orientation last week and is in a training class all this week for his new job. He had a small glimpse last week of what he was going to be doing and he/I think he's going to really enjoy it. Plus, when there is an incentive [commission] it makes you work harder! He looks so snazzy dressing up in a button down and tie. I dont know why we didn't think of this before!! I've enjoyed being the modern June Cleaver. Waking up early in the morning, fixing our lunches, breakfasts, bottles, all the while getting myself and Peyton ready for school/work. Cooking dinner 5 days a week is definitely going to be a new step for me. We've started planning out our meals for the week and going shopping for those items. Wow, how we've grown up in the past year. Well, thats all I have to say for now!!

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment